Electromagnetic Design Engineer (EMAG Design)
Are you ready to drive innovation in the realm of electrical machines for electric vehicles? We are seeking a passionate Electromagnetic Design Engineer to join our dynamic team, contributing to groundbreaking developments that propel our products to the forefront of the market. If you're driven by innovation and ready to make a significant impact in the electric vehicle industry, we invite you to join our team. Elevate your career with us as we redefine the future of electromagnetism in electric vehicle technology
As an Electromagnetic Design Engineer, you will be at the heart of our Engineering and Research activities, spearheading initiatives to innovate, design, and optimize electrical machines. Your primary focus will encompass electromagnetic and thermal design, analysis, and testing of synchronous- and asynchronous machines tailored for electric vehicles.
What The Role Requires:
Generate innovative ideas to enhance electromagnetic designs of electric motors.
Drive efficiency improvements and evolve optimization techniques for product enhancement.
Develop, test, and analyze motor designs, consistently seeking improvements.
Craft high-level concept designs, supporting feasibility discussions with customers.
Explore new markets with new innovation and new designs
Manage and participate in collaborative projects with universities and commercial partners.
Liaise with key suppliers, customers, and engineering centres globally for seamless development.
Contribute to ground-up development of electrical requirements, from capture to hardware realization.
Provide detailed electromagnetic and thermal designs for a diverse range of electrical equipment and machines.
- Essential Requirements:
- PhD or an excellent relevant Degree in a related field or equivalent
- Proven experience in modeling and designing permanent magnet machines.
- Proficiency in 2D & 3D FEA modelling for electrical machines (e.g., Motor-cad, Ansys, Opera or other software’s).
- Experience in programming (e.g. Matlab).
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage your own workload effectively.
- Minimum of 3 years or more working experience in a collaborative team environment.
- Expertise in modelling and designing various types of electrical machines.
- "Hands-on" experience testing motors in a laboratory environment.
- Experience analyzing machine losses and improving machine efficiency.
- Detailed electromagnetic and thermal designs of various electrical machines.
- Thermal modeling of electrical equipment and machines.
- Knowledge of power electronics/inverters and their application at the system level.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and design practices.
- Experience working with mechanical, power electronics, and control teams.
- Knowledge of vehicle powertrain systems.
Salary & Benefits
£65,000 to £75,000, private health care, five weeks holiday per year, pension, flexi-time, relocation package and company bonus, hybrid & flexible working hours & the opportunity to work with some very talented individuals