Test Service Engineer.This role requires a technical mindset with a strong attention to detail whilst being able to test and fault find on technical scientific instrumentation equipment onsite with a view to progressing to customer installation, full training will be offered.
Salary & Benefits
£28,000 and £40,000, private health care, five weeks holiday per year, pension, flexi-time, relocation allowance.
You will be part of a technical service team that is responsible for testing, both in-house and on site along with installation and support of scientific instrumentation equipment for the UK and an international client base.
Full training will be provided, previous experience of working in a similar environment would be an advantage.This may suit and engineer that wants to move away from development into test, service and installation work, who also likes to travel and work away from home
- Strong understanding of mechanical and ideally electronics engineering, ideally with an associated physics back ground.
- Good IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Capable of working with limited supervision making informed decisions based on established safe working practises and customer needs.
- Performance testing of components within a nanotech high powered environment
- Fault finding/logging that can be fed back into the design process.
- Comfortable with one to one customer interaction and service
- An ability to work calmly under pressure
- Problem-solving skills & able to work as part of team and alone
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintaining and promotion a safe working environment in and around test area
- Providing additional support to service team in response to customer queries
- Site preparation documents and facilities advice to end users.