Process Engineer will report to the Tool Room Manager working as part of the moulding Engineering Team, the Process Engineer will be responsible for the development, optimisation and specification of the manufacturing processes within plastic injection moulding facility.
- Plans, specifies and implements improvements to the existing process with the aim of increasing productivity, reducing costs and improving quality.
- Ensures that all existing and new processes and equipment comply with all current Quality Control, Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Actively pursues and promotes continuous improvement in all areas of the injection moulding business.
- Develop new moulding processing techniques to meet the potential manufacturing requirements for sales growth in the marketplace. Provide accurate cost estimates to the Moulding Process Engineering Leader.
- Through the Tool Room manager, liaises with the Manufacturing and Production to exchange and share technical knowledge that is potentially advantageous in providing cost reductions and efficiency improvements within the plastic injection moulding processes
- Understand health & safety, quality, waste, volume and mix performance and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Use logical root cause analysis during the resolution of process and technical issues. Ensure that containment, corrective and preventative measures are implemented
- Understand replacement needs and identify resources required to address them. Ensure that resource requirements are captured within the budget cycle
- Identify cost reduction and quality improvement opportunities and identify resource requirements to deliver. Ensure that resource requirements are captured within the budget cycle
- Experience in process engineering or related discipline within a high cavitations injection moulding environment.
- ‘Hands-on’ experience in process optimisation with a demonstrated ability to achieve results through teamwork.
- Experience in the promotion and application of all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and requirements.
- Minimum requirement is an HNC in an Engineering or polymer-related discipline.
- Higher level RJG or IMT injection moulding qualifications would be preferred.