Electronics Engineer, Electronics Design Engineer, Electronic Product Designer, Hardware Design Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer
If any of the above sounds like you this could be the challenge you have been searching for.
Salary £40,000 to £55,000 with perks, benefits and bonus, relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate along with excellent prospects and career growth within an innovative high tech engineering environment to join our growing team based at our UK site
- Designs develops tooling, testing for product development
- Leads sustaining engineering projects to deal with component obsolescence – from alternative components to full PCB redesign
- Follows product from inception through product launch from a manufacturing perspective, interacting with early users, understanding issues and needs
- Investigates and debugs manufacturing, field service and customer problems and drives engineering solutions to improve or correct product or process problems
- Works with suppliers to qualify components, troubleshoot issues, and assist in outside testing services for regulatory compliance.
- Writes ECN’s to document and communicate engineering changes throughout the organisation for smooth transitions of changes throughout manufacturing
- Optimise designs for production using DFA/DFM principles. Create models for documentation of designs for use in production processes for new or existing products.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BSc (MSc desired) degree or above in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Minimum 3-5 years of production or development engineering experience
- Hands-on experience in the assembly and test
- Hands on engineer with good communication (written and oral) skills and likes
- Strong problem solver on the production floor as well as in the engineering lab
- Demonstrated understanding of industrial systems and their control including power distribution, supplies, controllers, sensors, serial buses, microprocessors, and programmable logic, digital and analogue circuitry.
- Familiarity with C and VHDL programming languages.
- Demonstrated understanding of electronic test methodologies, understanding of design for manufacturing, design for test, and design for reliability.
- Demonstrated Project and task management skills
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills are required