Electrical Machine Design Engineer, Electrical Engineer, FEA Engineer, Stress Engineer, Power Electronics Engineer, Mechanical Analysis Engineer
Would you like to lead a team on new product development that will set industry standards?
For this you will be expected to deliver complex electrical design solutions whilst collaborating and developing results that set these new products apart.
Salary & Benefits
£35,000 and £50,000, private health care, five weeks holiday per year, pension, flexi-time, relocation allowance.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Capture and interpret requirements, generating clear specifications, proposals and project plans
- Conduct feasibility studies and develop high-level designs for electrical machines
- Detailed electromagnetic and thermal designs of electrical machines of all types, including permanent magnet, field wound, switched & synchonous reluctance, induction etc.
- Demonstrate that designs are robust, cost effective and fit for purpose, defining appropriate manufacturing routes where required
- Simulate the transient behaviour of electric drive systems, including electrical machine performance, efficiency, component temperatures etc.
- Ground-up development of electrical machines from requirements capture through to hardware
- Performance predictions of electrical machines using electromagnetic FEA
- Thermal modelling of electrical machines
- Correlating simulations with experimental results to improve performance predictions
- Fault-finding and diagnostic skills, including acquiring, analysing and understanding complex data
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and design practices